Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I am back home..

Got home late Sunday night but had a bit of a scare... my luggage didn't make it. In it were all the lovely fabrics I made and the art quilt I was hand stitching! I was a bit stressed out to say the least. I was finally in a groove to create and was looking forward to getting back to work on Monday. The story does have a happy ending... luggage was located and delivered to me yesterday. I spent the rest of the day unpacking and starting to wash out all the fun stuff I made. More pictures later as I ran out of steam and still have some washouts to do.

I do have some observations though on ice dyeing. The method I used was to toss dye powder over the ice. I am not sure I would do this at home as I don't really have a place (other than outside) that would be safe to toss this stuff around. The results on silk are gorgeous.  The results on cottons not so good. Most of the color seemed to have washed out... these are going to be overdyed. I am wondering if I didn't let them soak long enough in soda ash. I may give one a try outside before I try something else. Anyone have other suggestions?

More later.

No comments: