Saturday, August 14, 2010

Need a favor

I haven't been blogging lately... blame it on the heat. In the meantime... in a moment of insanity, I entered one of my fiber art pieces, Still Life with Blue Vase into an art show... BECA Curate This, Denver 2010. Much to my amazement, it was one of 111 pieces chosen. There is a public vote for this venue and the piece that garners the most votes wins $2,500.00. Voting starts tomorrow, August 15th -17th. If you could take a moment to vote for me, I would greatly appreciate it. You can see all the pieces here...http://www.curatethis.org/participating-artists-and-designers.php ...mine is the 5th one down, and you can vote, starting tomorrow here...http://www.curatethis.org/vote.php.

Thanks all.

6 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Congrats on getting into Curate This! Thanks for the link to see all the work. Good luck!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations, Sherryl! Way to go!

Bunny said...

Hi Sheryl! I got your message and will vote. Hope you win. It is beautiful great work.

Quilt Inspiration said...

Sherryl, we just read this post, and checked out the various artists at the Curate This exhibit. We are happy to vote for your work, as it is indeed our favorite among all of the artists! Congratulations on this beautiful piece, and best wishes from Marina & Daryl at Quilt Inspiration

Carole said...

Hey.. my friend... I voted for you, such a worthy piece. I truly hope you win! Wouldn't that be FAB?
I am just so happy for you that you got in!
Hugs.

Robin Olsen said...

Congratulations on getting into this very interesting show. This is a beautiful piece--I love the play of color off of black and white. ( I tried to vote but the link wasn't working. Maybe I'm too late?)