Sunday, February 7, 2010

Flowers in your face

I have been plugging away at this piece... has no name yet. I got all the flowers machine stitched on and have been doing lots of hand stitching. French knots get old really fast. Trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do with this when it is done. I am hoping to have it ready for quilting next week. I don't even want to think about that yet!
The rains from California arrived here in Arizona over night. We had torrential downpours most of the night along with thunder and lightening.... pretty weird for this time of year. After overcast skies this morning the sun broke through and it was lovely.... then I heard this weird noise and looked out the window to see hail.... with the sun shining! Did not last long and no damage. We need the rain desperately but I wish it would come in small doses instead of flood stage all at once. I think we get more later in the week. At least we are not shoveling snow.

My daughter adopted the cutest kitten... 9 weeks old. She says it has been growing in the past week. I think she wasn't being fed enough. Turns out the kitty is picky about food, so as of today she has a bunch of new stuff to try. My daughter doesn't know that cats train us... not the other way around! Welcome to my world where Sammy runs this house.

5 comments:

deanna7trees said...

It is absolutely gorgeous. If it were mine, I wouldn't be able to part with it.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Wow, gorgeous! Looks like you have your Lesson 2 assignment for our Pamela class with this piece.

Robin Olsen said...

Great sense of color here! And I love the pops of black and white.

Norma Schlager said...

I love this! The black and white against the bright colors is stunning!

Christine Thresh said...

That is so beautiful.