Thursday, October 22, 2009

Isn't it loverly

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Louisville (Luhvil), Kentucky. He had a convention to go to and they do up a special program for spouses. One of the activities was to make up "Derby" hats which we had to wear to the formal dinner on the last night. We had a blast making them. All of the hats were spectacular and none of them were the same. I love hats. I wish there were other places we could wear them and not look idiotic.


Yesterday morning I went with a couple of ladies to the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft and was pleasantly surprised to see an exhibition of quilts there! It was called Water Quilts from the collection of Jack Walsh. Some of the quilts were by Sue Benner, Ellen Anne Eddy, Ruth B. McDowell, and Judith Content. They did allow photos but I do not think it is right for me to post them here.

After a catch up day today I am hoping to get back to work.

4 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

You look adorable in your chapeau!

Sherryl said...

Curtsying.. thank you >3

Bunny said...

Hi Sherryl! What a fabulous photo of you and your hubby. That hat is spectacular I love hats too.

Carole said...

Sherryl... you are beautiful!!