Monday, August 6, 2007

Breaking the rules


OK, so I was frustrated by the results I got from the browns and was upset to see all the used dye solution about to be poured down the drain. I said to myself...... "self, what do I have to loose by combining these into 3 new ones, even though I have been told you cannot use the solution again once it batches with soda ash?" So I did!!! I tossed in some more fabric and added more soda ash and let it marinate for about 4 hours. Boy, was I in for a surprise. I got the perfect brown out of one of them!!!!!! I was a very happy camper. The other two came out green. One was a medium fatigue green the other a shade lighter than that. I may over dye the lighter one eventually. So much for rules.

I have some (hopefully) Lime green's marinating.

Sherryl

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I never have been one to follow the rules. I am so happy to have found the art quilt community--so much encouragment to break the rules.

I'm glad you achieved your perfect chocolate brown for your project.