Saturday, February 26, 2011

An unexpected surprise

.... in my mail yesterday! I found a package by my door when I got home yesterday... I didn't recall ordering anything. I opened it up and found a wonderful book... "Twelve By Twelve" The International Art Quilt Challenge. I scratched my head for a bit trying to figure out who sent me such a lovely gift as I had just listed it on my Wish List on Amazon.... but I had only done that the day before! I was going to order it and another book ( I didn't want to pay the shipping) but hadn't decided on the 2nd book yet. Then I remembered that I had signed up last year to review books for Lark. I am thrilled.

This is going to take me a bit the get through, but at first glance I know I am going to love it. It is the contribution of 12 art quilters who each created a 12" x 12" piece that represented a particular theme every 2 months for 2 years. I see that each piece is explained by the creator as to how they arrived at the choice they made for the theme and a description of how they made each piece. There are 144 marvelous quilts for me to drool over. At first glance this is my favorite...
Passion and Colours by Francoise Jamart

I have just started to do some small pieces in this style myself, so this was really a treat.

I highly recommend this book even though I haven't had the time to go through it in depth. This one is a keeper! And to think I was about to order myself a copy. I must have been a very good girl!

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

You could still order it and have a five away on your blog!! LOL It is pretty cool, isn't it?