Friday, June 5, 2009

As ye sew, so shall you rip

This has turned into an interesting week...NOT. Nothing went quite as planned but I am not unhappy. Monday morning started out great. I finally began the project that I had been postponing for the past 6 weeks. I was happy with the way it was going and once I got some of the pieces on it was time to sew them in. I decided to use a variegated thread and a decorative stitch on my machine. I sewed about 8" worth and took a good look at it. YUCK! It was awful. It took me 2 minutes to sew it down and an hour to rip it out. Very frustrating. Of course I was now looking for an excuse not to work more on it that day so we went to play bridge. We won. ... actually had a very good week at the bridge table. I went back to the project this morning and got what I had done stitched down. It looks fine now. ...working on the next part. I need my cat to go nap because his help is not doing me any good. Looking forward to a productive weekend.

I need to start getting ready for QSDS in a few weeks. Of course I have done nothing. Dyeing is going to be on the agenda next week.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments: