Monday, November 5, 2012

Wild Horses!

Ned and I did something fun today.... we took a trail ride. One of the local companies had a discounted deal and we grabbed it. It was a lot of fun but I am pretty sure I will be sore tomorrow.  I was a 90 minute ride in the Ft. McDowell Indian reservation. The vistas were breathtaking and it was just plain fun. We saw a bunch of wild horses who did not seem to be frightened of us and 2 gorgeous bald eagles. I did not get a photo of them unfortunately. They are huge!! I am a sucker for horses since I used to own one. I don't usually ride Western so I had to readjust my brain at the beginning. I turned up in my gear and checked off experienced on the waver sheet and I got a wonderful horse. There were only 4 of us on the ride and I was the tail end... loved it. I got to go at my own pace and my horse was very responsive. I forgot how much I miss riding but I am not sure my hips or my back could take a steady diet. Too bad. Riding was one of the most enjoyable interludes in my life.
 

No comments: