Thursday, March 25, 2010

Relaxing day


Today I met up with some friends and we headed over to the local Japanese gardens.. I didn't even know we had one. We went with the intention of seeing a fiber (banner) exhibit by 3 local fiber artists except I didn't read the fine print. Apparently they only do the fiber on weekends.... I didn't have my reading glasses on and didn't see that part.... that is my story and I am sticking to it! The gardens are gorgeous and the day was perfect... sunny and comfortable. We bought food to feed the Koi and watched as they fought themselves and the ducks for it. Sometimes it is fun acting like a kid. The Cherry trees were starting to bloom and the air was fragrant. We had a wonderful stroll. They have a Tea House and they do demonstrations once a month. We are going to try to sign up for next month.
We topped the day off by going to a fabulous Japanese restaurant. The sashimi was delicious. Now I need a nap.

1 comment:

Norma Schlager said...

Japanese gardens are always such a treat to visit. This one looks lovely.