Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The muse has returned


After several months of not doing a thing, I have finally started to focus again and have gone back to working on my Rhapsody quilt. ( No photos yet). I got all my appliqués cut out and ironed on, and have about half of them secured with a blanket stitch. This part is tedious so I took a short break and did a small fun fabric collage called Eye Spy. I was doing some gardening in my courtyard and my Tonkinese, Sammy, was peering at me from under a plant and gave me a good chuckle and the idea for the piece. I am still lousy at free motion, Oh well. This piece has been accepted in Collage Mania II for the benefit of the American Cancer Society through Fiberart For a Cause .
I am hoping to get back to my dyeing soon .... at least I washed about 10 yards of fabric in preparation!

2 comments:

tesuque said...

Smashing colors in your collage. I love that clicking on the image enlarges it immensely so the viewer can enjoy the details.

Anonymous said...

How nice to see you back! Keep in close communication with your muse. Remembering La Veta fondly.