Sunday, November 16, 2014

A bit more independence.





My basket arrived yesterday! While I cannot do much, it allows me a bit more independence. I was able to make myself breakfast this morning when I wanted it. While I cannot stand overly long on one leg, I can do it long enough to do some basic stuff. There are going to have to be some changes... I need paper plates so I can toss them.. getting them into the sink and washing them is not very practical for me and getting them into or out of the dishwasher is impossible.  I am going to have to use a travel mug for decaf or tea so it doesn't slosh all over the place.  At least I won't have to bother Ned for the small stuff and if he has to go away on a biz trip (very likely), I will be able to manage marginally with a bit of help from a friendly neighbor.

Mentally, I am feeling better. The foot doesn't hurt so that has not been an issue. Next project is getting used to crutches so I can get out of the house on my own. I cannot manage the scooter by myself. .... and there is sunshine!

No comments: