Thursday, November 3, 2011

Arrived in Houston

.....after about an hour delay..could have been worse. We checked into our hotel and had some lunch....we were starving! We then took the shuttle over to the convention center and got our passes for the show. I had forgotten how overwhelming it all is. Half the space is devoted to the quilt exhibits, the other half to vendors. I was already tired so I split my time between the two. I find I can only absorb just so many quilts at one time before they start to swim before me. For some reason I saw the ones which could not be photographed..I will do better next time. They are all stunning. Most of the ones I saw were very heavily stitched. ...something I still hate to do. I ran into several people I knew and also stopped off at the 12 x 12 booth and the SAQA booth where I will be volunteering for 2 hours Thursday and Friday. I really was pooped by then and decided to go back to the hotel before closing time . I also figured I would beat the mad dash to the bus. Even though it was early, the bus was full. Norma Schlager and her sister Ruth were on the bus and we decided to have a drink at the bar before going up to our rooms. I also ran into Marianne Williamson and she joined us. Fiona and Phoebe made their debut in the bar and garnered a bit of attention.

I promise to take pictures my next visit.

No comments: