Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random? Maybe not.

I have a few ideas for my next project percolating in my head but I not quite ready to start them yet. In the meantime so I wasn't quite fiddling my thumbs, I decided to just sew. I cut a fair number of strips from my leftover piles and thought I would just sew them together randomly. Nope, not happening that way. I noticed that after the first few strips I was not grabbing random pieces. I was actually looking at how the next strip fit with what was there. This did not start out as a conscious effort but rather developed the more strips I had sewn.

Has anyone else found themselves doing this or do you actually just close your eyes, reach for a piece and sew it next?

1 comment:

Dana Gaffney said...

I always promise myself it's going to be random then give in to my inner control freak. It still looks random so why not?