Monday, January 18, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring


.. it is rainy season here in Arizona and we need these rains desperately.... OK, so a day or two would be good but forecast is for all week! It is also the time of year I scalp my rosebushes so I get lovely blooms and growth in the next few months. Roses bloom here all year round although the high yield is usually spring and fall. I severely cut the canes back (it hurts me) and I am richly rewarded.  Won't be able to spray till the rains stop. Here is a photo of the last of the roses before the haircut.
Last week was spent working on my pansy quilt for my 2nd class which was yesterday. No more photos till I finish it.. hopefully this week. I really did learn a lot from this class which will be useful for other projects.
Today is a busy day. It is install day for the new frame for my sewing machine and a new cabinet ( I was lucky enough to sell my old cabinet to a girlfriend who has a winter place here and needed one). My sewing room got a (necessary) clean up so we could move things around. .. found stuff I forgot I owned! Hopefully, I will be up and working by this evening although using the frame will be on hold for a while since Ned is going out of town and the machine is too heavy for me to lift on and off myself. This is OK because I have a lot of other projects in the works that need my attention.
Other (not) fun thing to day is a visit from the exterminators... seems like the treatment for termites that was done several years ago did not work so well... when we moved stuff around in my sewing room we found evidence of termite damage in the baseboards. Not sure what exactly this entails at this point but thankfully we do not have to pay for it.

Since there isn't much I can do today, I made some pumpkin muffins... yummy. I love Trader Joe's. I stock up on the mix (yep, I am lazy) before Thanksgiving because it is only seasonal. Today was a good day for baking.

No comments: