Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wrapping up the week


Over all this has been a good week. Sammy got a great gift in the mail.. his very own quilt filled with catnip. Stacy Hurt asked for some help to defray the cost of surgery for one of her foster kitties. I made a contribution and while she offered a "gift" in exchange, I specifically told her that I didn't want anything. She already had her hands full with 2 sick kitties. Well, she didn't listen to me, and not only that, she had to have done a bit of research to personalize the quilt. Here are the photos of the quilt and Sammy enjoying it...or guarding it? Thank you so much Stacy.

I have spent the week trying to work on a quilt I would like to enter into a show. It didn't start out as a possible show entry and when I finally went to read the instructions, I found out the quilt was too small! I had to find a way to creatively add to the piece so it did not look like an afterthought or a mistake. I came up with an idea and it has taken me a full week to get it right and now I still have to finish it all by the end of the month and photograph it. I might just be able to do this! Sorry, no pictures.

On a really bright note, as a combination Chanukah, Anniversary, and Christmas present, my DH got me a frame for my sewing machine. In order to fit it in, we had to do a massive reorganization of my studio space. I suppose everyone should do this at least once every 5 years... the length of time we have been in this house. There were things that have never been moved... Oy, the dust bunnies we found! Now everything is clean and rearranged... who knows how long it will take for me to find things... especially since not everything is all put away yet. I did fill up a large black garbage bag. I didn't know I collected so much crap.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season no matter what you celebrate.

No comments: