Saturday, August 15, 2009

Where does the time go?


Has anyone noticed the passage of time? I can remember when I thought 30 was old. Sigh, my daughter is turning 30 at the end of this month. I don't feel old! Last week I spent time with a girlfriend of 52 years. I am in contact with another friend from High School who hooked me up with my HS English teacher! Turns out the guy was right out of college. We must have made life hell for him, BUT, he is still talking to me! In truth, I liked this teacher very much. He also had a hand in the Drama department and turned me on to scene design, costume design, lighting design, and makeup. I was very active in collage doing all of these and almost made a career out of costume design. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't have found my way to the green room.

The years seem to fly by. The days also seem to disappear on me and sometimes I have nothing to show for it. It is not like I am sitting and staring at the 4 walls and I never watch TV. So what happens to time? I think the gremlins are stealing it out from under me. I keep trying to get back into a routine of creativity but things just seem to get in my way. Next week will be another lost week in terms of my projects. Oh well, maybe the week after will be better. I am feeling prickly at the moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherryl, Time does seem to fly by faster after age 50 (I'm there of course) and yes, life gets in the way of making art. I haven't made any for awhile either, because I've been "working" because I have shows coming up, had a teaching and vending gig last week and went on a little trip with the hubby this week. I'm two weeks out from a big arts and crafts event. Help!

Carole said...

Hey, girlfriend... know the feeling all too well. I have decided I am going to back off once I get my commitments met, and when we get south, I think I am going to do something totally different. Not sure what, but a break may be a good thing, let the cistern fill so to speak.
Love that cactus flower!! Wish I had seen that when we had our radial challenge!
Hugs

Norma Schlager said...

I know what you mean about the time getting away from us. It goes zipping by faster and faster, the older we get. Scary. When I got back from QN I made a commitment to spend at least 3 hours a day in the studio and I've been pretty good about it, except for unavoidable days out of town. I 'm ready to start something new, but not sure which of my many ideas to try first.
Love your cactus picture, surely some inspiration there.

Sherryl said...

I have gotten distracted again... this time trying to set up a new Mac... Maybe I will get back in the groove next week. Sigh...