Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nice week

Last week was spent with a visit from my step-son who is on leave from Iraq... his 2nd tour. He got to spend some quality time with his dad and they went to see the Indians in their winter training home here. Ned even managed to get Evan to eat Mexican and Indian food....neither of which I am fond of. Friday night we went to see a performance of Cavalia which is an offshoot of Cirque Du Soleil but with horses. It was wonderful. Evan left on Saturday morning to go back to Ohio to spend time with his mom and other family members. He has one more week of leave before he has to go back to Iraq.
Saturday night we had a small dinner party and our guests slept over. We all drank too much, but it was so much fun! For those who are interested, the menu was Spanikopita (my special recipe) and guacamole as hors d'oeuvres with Proseco. The meal started with melon and proscuito, then sweet and sour sauteed shrimp over rice with grilled vegetables and a Traminer Riesling. Dessert was brought by our guests... an old fashioned bundt cake (laced with something) and a lovely Cabernet to go with it. I washed a lot of wine glasses! We had pancakes for breakfast.... I cannot recall the last time I had pancakes. It was a lovely, relaxing evening.

This week it is back to work for my Pamela Allen class. The latest assignment has been a tough one for me and I mostly have a dog to show for it. I am working to salvage it.


OOOPS: My hubby just told me I got the wines out of order... the cab was with the meal, the Riesling with dessert.... I told you I had too much to drink!

No comments: